Hooley Hill Wesleyan chapel, Guide Lane, Audenshaw was founded in 1807 and closed in 2004. Although the letter refers to a Roll of Honour in the chapel with nine names, the author chose not to mention the two whose full details he was unable to obtain. The evidence suggests that the details of Jos. W. Brindley and F. Arden arrived at the last moment.
The men listed are:
Private Hedley Richardson 48196 12th Bn. Manchester Regt.
Gunner Reginald Thomas Hugh Sutherland 181447 24th Siege Battery, Royal Garrison Artillery
Private George Maben 2366 8th Bn. Lancashire Fusiliers
Private Frank Greenhalgh 137677 Machine Gun Corps
Sapper Ernest Walter Halliwell Royal Engineers
Pte. Joseph W. Brindley 78921 Royal Army Medical Corps
L/Cpl. F. Arden 29562 1/5th Bn. Manchester Regt.
Hedley Richardson died in 1919, but is recorded on the Audenshaw War Memorial
Joseph W. Brindley did not die until 1921, and this is the only memorial to his war service.
Additional sources: Commonwealth War Graves Commission and IWM Lives of the First World War.