Cleator Moor, Earl Street Wesley Methodist Chapel, Cumberland, CA25 5AU

Grid ref NY024148

The Chapel was built of stone in 1934. In 1940 it had 335 sittings on pews. There was a schoolroom and ten other rooms. In 1980 there were 419 sittings in the chapel and seven other rooms and in 1991 419 sittings and 7 other rooms.

Sources

Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1940, 1981, 1991

Site visit 23.9.2017

Cleator Moor Methodist chapel,, facade, 23.9.2017
G W Oxley
Cleator Moor Methodist chapel, porch, 23.9.2017
G
Cleator Moor Methodist chapel, ,general view, 23.9.2017
G W Oxley
Cleator Moor Methodist chapel,l, northwest side of chapely building, 23.9.2017
G W Oxley
Cleator Moor Methodist chapel, decorative iron fallpipe, 23.9.2017
G W Oxley
Cleator Moor Methodist chapel, facade of ancillary building, 23.9.2017
G W Oxley
Cleator Moor Methodist chapel, entrance to ancillary building, 23.9.2017
G W Oxley
Cleator Moor Methodist chapel, back of ancillary building, 23.9.2017
G W Oxley

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone