Skip to content
My Methodist History
Telling the story of the people called Methodist
Add your story
You are here:
Ambleside Parish Centre, Vicarage Road
The Methodist congregation has been meeting here since 2005. The building is situated on the edge of the parish churchyard. ...
Armathwaite, UMFC Chapel, Cumberland
Grid ref NY508459
Beckfoot PM rented preaching place, and Methodist chapel Cumberland
Grid ref NY 093495
Bigrigg, Chapel Street UM Chapel, Cumberland
Grid ref NY002134
Carlisle Lowther Street Chapels
Carlisle, Lowther Street WA Chapel, Cumberland Grid Ref NY403558 The first place of worship on this site was a temporary wooden “tabenacle“. ...
Carlisle, Newlaithes Avenue, Morton
Morton Chapel was built in 1963. The main building was coffin shaped. The school room was at the “head” end. ...
Carlisle, Newtown Road Chapel, Cumberland
189 Newtown Road, CA2 7NL
Cleator Moor, Crescent, UM Chapel, Cumberland Iron Chapel
Grid ref NY012157
Cleator Moor, Earl Street Wesley Methodist Chapel, Cumberland, CA25 5AU
Grid ref NY024148
Cotehill UM and Methodist Chapels, Cumberland
Cotehill UM, Chapel, Cumberland Grid ref NY467504 Cotehill Chapel had 80 sittings in 1924. A road widening scheme developed in the 1930s ...
Cumwhinton Free Methodist Chapels, Cumberland
Grid ref NY448526
Dalston UMFC chapel, Cumberland
Grid Ref NY369498
Egremont Castle Street UMFC Chapel, Cumberland
Grid ref NY009105
Egremont WMA Chapel, Cumberland
Egremont WMA Chapel, Cumberland The first Free Methodist chapel in Egremont was built in 1839. In 1851 it had 90 free ...
Frizington Methodist Church, Cumberland
Grid ref NY035174
Haverigg, St John's Bankfield Road Bible Christian Chapel, Cumberland
Grid ref SD 161787
Hensingham, Galemire WMA preacing place, Cumberland
In 1851 the kitchen of a farmhouse was being used. Sources The National Archives HO129/171/3/5
Kendal, Gillingate Methodist Chapel, Westmorland
This building which had originally been a Friends Meeting House was situated at the junction with Buttry Well Lane, was ...
Kendal, Longpool and Sandilands, Westmorland
Kendal, Longpool WM Mission Chapel, Westmorland Longpool Mission used the upper room of an existing building purchased in 1898. It was ...
Longtown, Albert Street Wesleyan Methodist Association Chapel, Cumberland
Grid ref NY381685
Maryport, St Mark's Kirby Street Methodist Church, Cumberland
The Church was opened on 2 May 1973 by Mr Paul Bartlett, Secretary of the Joseph Rank Benevolent Trust. The ...
Methodist Central Hall, Fisher Street, Carlisle
Millom, Newton Street Bible Christian Chapel, Cumberland
Grid ref 178799
Millom, Welsh Methodist Chapel, Cumberland
Grid ref 174798
Around the World
Methodist Church Buildings