Cleator Moor, Earl Street Wesley Methodist Chapel, Cumberland, CA25 5AU

Grid ref NY024148

By GW Oxley

The Chapel was built of stone in 1934. In 1940 it had 335 sittings on pews. There was a schoolroom and ten other rooms. In 1980 there were 419 sittings in the chapel and seven other rooms and in 1991 419 sittings and 7 other rooms.

Sources

Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1940, 1981, 1991

Site visit 23.9.2017

Photo:Cleator Moor Methodist chapel,, facade, 23.9.2017

Cleator Moor Methodist chapel,, facade, 23.9.2017

G W Oxley

Photo:Cleator Moor Methodist chapel, porch, 23.9.2017

Cleator Moor Methodist chapel, porch, 23.9.2017

G

Photo:Cleator Moor Methodist chapel, ,general view, 23.9.2017

Cleator Moor Methodist chapel, ,general view, 23.9.2017

G W Oxley

Photo:Cleator Moor Methodist chapel,l, northwest side of chapely building, 23.9.2017

Cleator Moor Methodist chapel,l, northwest side of chapely building, 23.9.2017

G W Oxley

Photo:Cleator Moor Methodist chapel, decorative iron fallpipe, 23.9.2017

Cleator Moor Methodist chapel, decorative iron fallpipe, 23.9.2017

G W Oxley

Photo:Cleator Moor Methodist chapel, facade of ancillary building, 23.9.2017

Cleator Moor Methodist chapel, facade of ancillary building, 23.9.2017

G W Oxley

Photo:Cleator Moor Methodist chapel, entrance to ancillary building, 23.9.2017

Cleator Moor Methodist chapel, entrance to ancillary building, 23.9.2017

G W Oxley

Photo:Cleator Moor Methodist chapel, back of ancillary building, 23.9.2017

Cleator Moor Methodist chapel, back of ancillary building, 23.9.2017

G W Oxley

This page was added by GW Oxley on 11/10/2017.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.