The ‘New’ Lichfield Wesleyan Methodist Church, located on Tamworth Street, was opened on April 20th 1892. It was built in Victorian Gothic Ornamental style to the design of Thomas Guest of Birmingham. The church buildings were refurbished in 1998/1999 and again in 2012. The photographs below show the original building and the 2012 refurbishment. A fuller history of the church 1892-2012 can be found in the booklets referred to below.
Lichfield Methodist Church has prepared 2 publications setting out the history of the church:
A Centenary History of Lichfield Methodist Church 1892 – 1992 and The Story of Lichfield Methodist Church 1992 – 2012.
Additionally a booklet has been prepared setting out a short biography of each of the men connected to the church who died in WW1 and who are commemorated on a plaque in the church worship area.
These publications can be seen at www.tamworthandlichfieldmethodist.org.uk under the headings – Our Churches – Lichfield – LMC Heritage. Click on the link below to go directly to the page: