Betley Methodist Chapel, Staffordshire
A Methodist Society was formed in the village in 1803.
Richard Brampton registered a meeting place for worship in the village on 20 April 1805
In 1808 the first Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built.
A new Chapel opened in 1907
In the mid 1990’s most of the building was converted into 5 apartments. The Sunday school rooms were retained as a chapel which is still in use today (2012).
Staffordshire Places ( http://www.places.staffspasttrack.org.uk/ )
Robert and Janet Speake, A comparison of Audley, Barthomley and Betley: their differences and similarities as revealed in three local studies.