This church is on Birmingham Road, Cowes. See map on www.streetmap.co.uk
Description and history
A stone plaque bearing the names of 9 Church members who died in the First World War. It was dedicated on 14 November 1920 by the Rev H.S. Sandford.
There are two plaques in this Church; the other came from the United Methodist Church, since closed, in Cowes.
IN PROUD AND LOVING MEMORY OF
THE MEN BELONGING TO THIS CHURCH
WHO LAID DOWN THEIR LIVES IN THE GREAT WAR
1914 – 1918.
—- names as recorded below —-
“THE MEN WERE VERY GOOD UNTO US AND
WE WERE NOT HURT – THEY WERE A WALL
UNTO US BOTH BY NIGHT AND DAY.”
|GILBERT BOWER. 3-10 MIDDLESEX.||CWGC record …|
|WALLACE H.J. DANIEL. 1-8 HANTS.||CWGC record …|
|ERNEST JACKMAN. H.M.S. KING GEORGE V.||CWGC record …||Buried at Cowes (Northwood) Cemetery.|
|WILFRID S. JOLLIFFE. 1-8 HANTS.||CWGC record …|
|ALFRED H. MALTBY. R.F.CORPS.||CWGC record …|
|OWEN TREVETT. 1-8 HANTS.||CWGC record …|
|GEORGE H. WARNE. 1-8 HANTS.||CWGC record …|
|VICTOR WATTS. 1-8 HANTS.||CWGC record …|
|CHARLES W. WIGGINS. R.F.A.||CWGC record …|