Our Church is on the northern side of Bishop Auckland, in the former mining village of Auckland Park. The present building was erected in 1893, and replaced an earlier “tin chapel”.
We have a marble “scroll” plaque, set on a black shield base. This bears 11 names of men of church families/church adherents who lost their lives during the First World War.
The church organ, a Nelson instrument, is itself a War Memorial. It bears a wooden plaque above the manuals.
The neighbouring church at Coundon is now closed and demolished. Its war memorial of 5 names was rescued and installed at Auckland Park, underneath the AP plaque.
Names on Auckland Park Plaque:
Joseph Wm. Dinsley
Names on Coundon Memorial:
Arthur E. Wallhead
James D. Cowey