Skip to content
My Methodist History
Telling the story of the people called Methodist
Add your story
You are here:
See what's new
See what's new
West Melton Wesleyan, in the Wath on Dearne Circuit, was in Princess Street. Five men were lost in the war. Pte. ...
Leyburn, in Wensleydale, lost one man Pte. T. L. Wardman 300157 1st Bn. Lancashire Fusiliers
Whitby, Wesley Hall
Wesley Hall in Church Street, Whitby, lost two men during the First World War, who are recorded here as Pte. R.V. ...
The Wesleyan church in Eccleshill was in Stoney Lane. It is a listed building, and was purchased in 1965 by ...
Trinity, Oxford Road, Guiseley, was opened in 1896 seating 680. Owing to structural problems it was demolished in 1985, but ...
Briggswath and Sleights
This list was pinned to the back of the Roll of Honour for Wesley Hall, Whitby. The initial assumption was ...
Heather Methodist chapel
Pisca Lane Heather COALVILLE LE67 2QH
The Wesleyan chapel in Farsley was in Town Street. The members joined the United Methodist chapel in Back Lane on ...
Kilham, in the Bridlington Circuit, lost two men. Further details may be found here Kilham Captain J.C. Banks M.C. Pte. A.E. Fowler
Girlington, in the Bradford (Manningham) Wesleyan Circuit, seated 850 and had 25 ancillary rooms. It is no longer in use, ...
Loscoe was a small mining settlement near Normanton, and the chapel was in the Castleford Circuit. The one name recorded is: Pte. ...
Leeds, Woodhouse Street
Woodhouse Street, Leeds, in the Chapel Allerton Circuit lost eight men, whose details follow. None are otherwise commemorated in this ...
Cross Hills Wesleyan chapel was also known as St. John’s. Cross Hills is near Keighley. The nine men lost were: Pte. ...
Denholme, in the Cullingworth Circuit, lost two men. Pte. William Ewart Ashby 761554 Artists Rifles (28th Bn. London Regt.) Pte. Albert Wilkinson ...
Glaisdale, in the North Yorkshire moors had two Wesleyan chapels, Glaisdale End and Glaisdale Head. The latter contains a Roll ...
The Wesleyan chapel in Tickhill, near Doncaster, was in Northgate. More details of the six men on their Roll of ...
The author of this beautifully written roll neglected to include the Circuit, Church, or indeed their own name, but the ...
The Wesleyan chapel in Guisborough was Centenary, and lost these eight men during the Great War. Pte. Thomas Brown ...
Trinity Wesleyan church was in West Terrace, Redcar, and seated 650. All that remains in the file from the letter ...
Bar Wesleyan Chapel is in Skipton Road, Bilton, Harrogate. It was a small chapel, seating 200 in 1940. The five men ...
Killinghall Wesleyan chapel, Ripon Road, Killinghall, north of Harrogate, is still open for worship. Five men were lost in the ...
Starbeck Wesleyan church, to the east of Harrogate, is still open for worship. The following four men were lost during ...
Crimsworth Wesleyan Methodist
Crimsworth Wesleyan Methodist chapel was on Keighley Road, Pecket Well, just north of Hebden Bridge. It seated 366. The chapel ...
The Wesleyan chapel in Luddenden, near Hebden Bridge, was Ebenezer in Halifax Lane. Further details of the three men listed may ...
See latest comments
You can also see a list of the latest comments added to the site.
View latest comments