Skip to content
My Methodist History
Telling the story of the people called Methodist
Add your story
You are here:
See what's new
See what's new
Leeds, Halton Wesleyan
Halton Wesleyan, in the Richmond Hill, Leeds Circuit, was in Chapel Street and seated 400. Eleven men were lost. Gunner Edgar ...
Leeds, Trinity Roundhay Road
Trinity, Roundhay Road in the Harehills area of Leeds was a large church seating 886. Thirty three men are listed, ...
Middlesbrough, Winlands Road
Winlands Road Wesleyan, Middlesbrough is now the Mercuria Building of Teesside University. Six men from the church fell in the ...
Pateley Bridge Wesleyan
Pateley Bridge Wesleyan chapel was in Ripon Road, and was the building which continued in use after Union. It contained ...
This anonymous list provides enough information about the three men to allow identification of the chapel as that in Scorton, ...
The eleven men from the Sedbergh Wesleyan Methodist Circuit are commemorated by a plaque in Sedbergh Methodist Church, which can ...
The person who contributed this roll of honour lists only one man. Pte. Edwin Clapham 63896 18th Lancashire Fusiliers The chapel ...
Sheffield, Ellesmere Road
Ellesmere Road Wesleyan in Sheffield lost twelve men. The Roll of Honour from the church has been preserved and can ...
Wellingborough, Herriot’s Lane, Wesleyan Reform Chapel, Northamptonshire
Wellingborough, Herriot’s Lane, Wesleyan Reform Chapel, Northamptonshire Wellingborough, Herriot’s Lane, Wesleyan Reform Chapel was built in 1849. It has not been ...
Wellingborough, Alma Street, Independent Wesleyan/ Wesleyan Reform Chapel, Northamptonshire
Wellingborough, Alma Street, Independent Wesleyan/ Wesleyan Reform Chapel, Northamptonshire Alma Street, Independent Wesleyan/ Wesleyan Reform Chapel was built in 1877, probably ...
Charleston Wesleyan in the Shipley Circuit reported one fatality, and that they had contributed to the organ fund, a typical ...
Airton Wesleyan chapel, near Malham, was built in 1896 to seat 134 and closed in 2007. There was a plaque ...
Sheffield, Trinity, Firth Park Road
Trinity Wesleyan, Firth Park Road, Sheffield seated 720, and lost these eleven men. The Guild Secretary chose only to record ...
Sheffield Wesleyan Mission, Victoria Hall
Victoria Hall, in Norfolk Street Sheffield had a capacity of 1937. One hundred and fifty four men associated with the ...
Chop Gate, in the Stokesley Circuit and on the North Yorkshire moors lost two men. Farrier Corporal Harry Ainsley 4592 Royal ...
Hutton Rudby Wesleyan, in the Stokesley Circuit in North Yorkshire was on Levenside. The Guild Secretary submitted a list of ...
Boston Spa Wesleyan, in the Tadcaster Circuit recorded the loss of three men. Pte. George Robinson Pte. Cyril Allison Pte. D.H. Teasdale Details of ...
Bramham Wesleyan was in High Street, Bramham, and was in the Tadcaster Circuit. Details of the various memorials in the ...
Borrowby Wesleyan, in the Thirsk Circuit, recorded seven losses. The village war memorial records twelve, and further details of all ...
Outwood St. John’s Wesleyan in Leeds Road is now Parkside Methodist Church, Wakefield, and a war memorial to the eighteen ...
Thorpe Wesleyan chapel in the Wakefield Circuit recorded the following twelve casualties. They have no other Methodist memorial. George Burnham Harry Barratt Ernest ...
Cortonwood Wesleyan, in the Wath on Dearne Circuit, lost twenty one men. This is their only memorial, besides their individual ...
Elsecar Wesleyan, in the Wath on Dearne Circuit , lost five men during the Great War 2nd Cpl. A. Harley M.M. ...
West Melton Wesleyan, in the Wath on Dearne Circuit, was in Princess Street. Five men were lost in the war. Pte. ...
See latest comments
You can also see a list of the latest comments added to the site.
View latest comments