Farsley Wesleyan Church Town Street

Exterior of Farsley Methodist Church before it was demolished.
The organ which was inside Farsley Methodist Church
Farsley Methodist Church Sunday School and Day School. This is now the home of Farsley Community Church

There were two Methodist Churches in Farsley one a Wesleyan and the the other Methodist Free Church . In 1950 the two churches joined to gather on the site of Farsley Methodist Free Church on Back Lane, now Farsley Community Church.

The Wesleyan Church became a Dance Hall and is now an Indian Restaurant. 

Comments about this page

  • In September 2004 the Baptist Church in Bryan Street closed and the members moved up to join with the Methodist Church in Back Lane. September 11th 2005 saw the signing of the agreement to form a partnership between the Methodists and the Baptists with a new identity of Farsley Community Church. So we move from our 18th Century roots to our 21st Century vision.

    By John Procter (22/03/2021)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this