Kettering, School Lane Central Methodist Chapel was built of brick in 1933, it had seating for 500 in pews in 1940. There were three schoolrooms and 14 other rooms. It remains in use as a Methodist place of worship.
This building resembles a school, telephone exchange, or other public building of the period rather than a place of worship. It may be contrasted with the conventional gothic of Cockermouth, Lorton Street (1932) or the contemporary take on Romanesque at Carlisle Currock Road (1936).
Methodist Chapel returns, 1940, p162
Site visit 31.3.2018