Corby, Rockingham Road Methodist chapel/school was erected in 1933 as successor to a former Wesleyan chapel in Chapel Lane. In 1940 the chapel/school measured 64 feet by 31½ feet and seated 350. There was seating for a further 250 in classrooms at the sides of the hall and a lecture room at the rear. More recently a chapel has been built on adjacent land. In 2015 the Methodists left this site in order to concentrate their work on the site at Kingswood.
The 1933 building is now occupied by the Serbian community and the chapel by Polish Catholics.
The 1933 building has some Serbian additions such as the domes but the original building can be seen to bear a close resemblance to its contemporary at School lane in Kettering
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD1 Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940/687
Cornerstones Church website www.ketteringcorbymethodists.org/churches/circuit-churches/cornerstone.html
Site visit, 8.11.2021