Following union in 1932, the amalgamation of the three Methodist persuasions in Outwell still left three chapels operating in the village.
By around 1960, the former Wesleyans, Primitives and United Methodists had joined forces with the intention of building a new church for all Methodists in Outwell. It opened in 1963 on the site of the (demolished) Wesleyan on Isle Road.
This modern building, of generous proportions within and without, was known as St Andrew’s.
Upwards of sixty years later it was to close, thus bringing to an end a remarkable era in the history of Methodism locally. At the time of closure it was a member of the Fens Circuit.
The final service was held on Sunday 30th May 2021.
Fenland Citizen 31st May 2021