Thurlby Top United Free Methodist Chapel, Lincolnshire
Thurlby United Free Methodist Chapel was built in 1861. In 1940 it seated 160 on pews. There was a schoolroom and two other rooms. Later it was closed and the building is now in residential use.
The yellow brick of the façade (in a locality where red id the norm) along with the ashlared masonry over the openings, the contrasting coloured brick decoration in the perimeter wall and the chalet style roof all make for a very distinctive building
The chapel was situated at the western end of the village (grid ref 095169TF)
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson, Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940 No 726 (Bourne Circuit)
Site visit 11.9.2020