The longstanding Lutton Primitive Methodist Society had members in Lutton Marsh who met in a house, and then a barn from around 1925. They formed the Lutton Marsh New Site Committee with the intention of building a chapel. This was realised in 1936 on the opening of a small edifice at the crossroads of Guys Head Road and Marsh Road. The foundation stone was laid by Sir Richard Winfrey (former MP). However, the completion of the building came soon after union so was not strictly ‘Primitive’.
This chapel is still open.