St Pauls Methodist New Connexion Chapel was situated on the east side of London Road south of its junction with Station Street. It was a noble building with a handsome front in the Italianate style of architecture. It was built of brick with stone dressings in 1861 for £3950. It was approached by a flight of ten steps on the highest of which were four Corinthian columns 25 feet high and supporting a bold entablature crowned by a pediment with a highly decorated tympanum. The interior was simple and chaste having sittings of varnished pews to accommodate 900 persons. The chapel was 71 feet long by 47 feet wide and 31 feet high. Beneath the chapel was a large schoolroom and three classrooms. The building had been demolished by 1915, probably in connection with construction of the new railway station.
Whites Directory for Leicestershire, 1868, p 177
OS 25 inch Leicestershire, XXXI.15, 1888 and 1915
Site visit 12.04.2018