Long Eaton United Methodist Free Church Chapel (ii) was built in 1883 on the site of a previous chapel. It was expected to cost £4000 and to seat 760.In 1941 it seated 846 in pews. There was a schoolroom and ten other rooms. The chapel occupied a prominent position on the east side of Market Place.
Melton Mowbray Mercury and Oakham and Uppingham News, 2.6.1883 p.7
OS 25 inch Derbyshire XLVI 2
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD1 Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940/920