The chapel was built of stone in 1875 and the school in 1897. The original building and improvements up to 1923, when it had 120 sittings in the chapel and space for 150 in the school, had cost £1200 . In 1940 it had 212 sittings on pews. There was a schoolroom and one other room. It was closed on 5 June 1961 after merging with School Street 500 yards away. By 1969-70 the chapel had been demolished but the site remained on the market.
Cumbria Archive Service, Carlisle DFCM14/13
Cumbria Archives Service, Kendal WDFCM7 Synod Minutes 1937-1974
Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1940
Cumbria Archive Service, Whitehaven DFCM2/431
NLS 25” OS Cumberland LXVII.15 1899