Egremont WMA Chapel, Cumberland
The first Free Methodist chapel in Egremont was built in 1839. In 1851 it had 90 free and 98 other sittings. The chapel occupied a site 34 feet and six inches by 35 feet fronting on Church Street but its exact position has not been established. Subsequent to the building of the chapel a garden to the rear of the chapel measuring 41 feet by 35 feet was acquired. The chapel was probably closed when the new chapel was opened in 1893. The property was sold for £246.
The National Archives HO129/171/4/5)
Cumbria Archive Service, Whitehaven YDFCM7/4/1/1 trustees’ minutes
Cumbria Archive Service, Whitehaven YDFCM7/4/2/2 trustees’ accounts